This is truly one of our favorite recipes. We will make a brisket on Sunday and use it all week long to create Fiber First meals. The juices from the meat mix with the wine and turn it into the most amazing sauce. You can thicken it up and make gravy for other meals, or drizzle it on cauliflower pizza. The aroma that fills your house while this is cooking should be bottled and sold. It's delicious! We hope you love it as much as we do. Enjoy!
- 1 4-5lb Flat Cut Brisket
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 4 Yellow Onions quartered
- 10-12 Sprigs Thyme
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Biodynamic Red Wine
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 C Beef Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub salt and pepper on brisket, generously.
- Heat coconut oil in dutch oven on medium heat.
- Brown all sides of brisket. Remove brisket from dutch oven and set aside.
- Add onions, thyme, garlic, bay leaves, 1 Cup wine, 1 Cup coconut aminos to dutch oven and cook until onions are soft.
- In separate mixing bowl, whisk 1 C wine, 1/2C coconut aminos, 2 C bone broth, onion powder, garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
- Place brisket back in dutch oven on top of onion mixture. Pour remaining wine mixture over top.
- Cook 1 hour per pound, flipping half way trough.
- Remove thyme twigs and bay leaves before serving.