Everyone is looking for a way to quickly detoxify the body. We talk a lot about how we don't believe in short-term detoxes, instead eating daily in a way that promotes constant detoxification. If you're looking for a way to kick your body's detoxification processes in gear, this is the salad. This will help your body rid excess hormones (hello hormone balance!), toxins and waste! It will also give your guts a boost of immune boosting probiotics. Crucifierous vegetables contain two substances called glucoraphanin and myrosinase. When you eat them, myrosinase converts glucoraphanin into sulphoraphane. This in turn helps your body to properly detoxify excess hormones. Cruciferous vegetables also contain the phytochemical Diindolylmethane which are very anti-cancer, among other benefits. This salad gives you a hefty dose of both sulphoraphane and diindolylmethane. Chia seeds and Hemp seeds provide you with a healthy dose of fiber, protein and micronutrients. This is the mother load in a bowl.
- 6 Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Leafs of Lacinto Kale
- 1/4C Fermented Beets
- Handful Broccoli Sprouts
- 2 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sheep Blue Cheese
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing of your choice
- Boil egg for 6 minutes. Let completely cool. Peel and set aside.
- In a food processor, add brussels sprouts and kale. Mix until finely chopped.
- Stir together with olive oil.
- Top with beets, broccoli sprouts, hemp seeds, chia seeds and sheep blue cheese.
- Add Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing to top.
- Break open hard boiled egg and serve.