Our secret weapon to Fiber First is the Fermentabite™.
What is a Fermentabite™?
We created fermentabites to provide your body a healthy dose of fermentable fiber/resistant starch. The ingredients will escape digestion in the small intestine and ferment in the large intestine offering healthy gut microbiome a feast, as well as a boost of short chain fatty acids to nourish your colon cells and heal the intestinal lining. They will help to suppress the appetite and keep you full longer. The ingredients are viscous which will prolong the blood sugar curve and help with weight control. Fermentabites also help to improve insulin sensitivity.
- 1/4c Cacao Butter
- 2 TBSP. Beef Gelatin
- 2 TBSP. Cacao Powder
- 2 TBSP. Quinoa
- 1 TBSP. Grass-Fed Butter
- 5 TBSP. Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran
- 2 TBSP. Green Banana Flour
- Handful Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Small Ice Cube Tray
- 1 TBSP. Hemp Seeds
*Optional: Add 2 TBSP. chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans
- Lightly crush blueberries, cut up, or use whole. Depends on your preference.
- In a pan, add butter and quinoa. Quinoa will begin to "pop". Cook over medium heat until majority is popped.
- In a separate pan, add cacao butter over low heat until melted.
- Stir in cacao powder and whisk together.
- Add in gelatin and whisk together.
- Fold in oat bran, popped quinoa and hemp seeds.
- Let cool for a minute. Fold in green banana flour and blueberries.
- *Optional: Fold in nuts for texture or to make it even more filling.
- Spoon mixture into ice cube trays. Will make approximately 6 ice cubes.
- Refrigerate cubes.
- Serve once mixture has completely cooled and is stiff.